Sony has produced over five million professional ECM (Electret Condenser Microphones) microphones and the ECM-44 is the affordable, general voice model. It provides good sound quality and is widely used in business presentation systems and TV production. The ECM-44 is available in four versions, featuring different connector types. This model, ECM-44B, is the XLR version with power barrel for use as a wired microphone.
Tuned for voice pick-up
– The ECM-44’s capsule features an emphasis curve and a suitable frequency response for voice pick-up.
– The capsule has a diameter of only 8.5mm and is 14.5mm long.
Ready for wired applications
– The ECM-44B is the wired version with an XLR output and integral power supply barrel. This version can either be powered by an external microphone amp or internally by battery (LR6 or AA size). A single AA battery will provide several thousand hours of use.
Convenient to use
– The ECM-44 is an affordable alternative to the traditional hand held microphone and being ‘hands free’ it allows the presenter to concentrate on her/his performance
– Either ‘in front of camera’ or at a business presentation the ECM-44 creates a professional and tidy image.
Easy to use
– It can often be difficult to achieve good quality voice pick-up but the ECM-44 can help get good results. The microphone’s capsule is designed for general voice pick-up with a mid-frequency emphasis characteristic and a suitable frequency response.